Sunday, December 11, 2011

Needed

You don't get to disengage
Without me questioning
And I don't get to place the blame
Without you giving reason
The worst in me is now brought out by your
Contradicting behavior
It seems too often, for your ego
I become the enabler
If you can't stand to be alone
I deserve to know my purpose
How can you tell me all of these things you feel
Then move right on to another?
I'm not your doctor of psychology
And I'm sure as hell not your mother
You can change your appearance
You can change your game
But you can't change the darkness inside you
We both crave attention
But in different ways
We both want to feel needed
But your immaturity
Your childish ways
Make me want to withold and deny it
You don't see how you've done wrong
Must I be the one to prove it?
Don't dare argue
Don't dare disagree
I've gained too much to lose it
Take the bottle
Take his hand
Take all you feel you deserve
I'll take the kiss
All the empty words
I'll write it down and deliver
The spot light is fading
I can ignore you
If need be
I'll forget you

No comments:

Post a Comment