Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Fork in the Road


Written May 1, 2011




Sitting alone at a table
At a local hang out spot
Full of college kids who seem to know a lot
Coffee in my one hand
In the other, pen moving non stop
Cigarette smoke swirling
Like the foggy thoughts
I think of all the words from men
I can't help but question them
Words of infatuation spoken
Words of more than friends
Themes of entrapment
Jerking away from their hands
Many waters tested
Few proven too hot
Some seemed far too cold
Never given a thought
I think it's pretty safe to say
I've been the subject of many thoughts
Some thoughts of love, desire
Some thoughts of roll and rock
But when I turn the other way
Those thoughts just turn to rage
I promise I mean no harm
Just looking for the right arms
Maybe I'm meant to wander
Maybe I'm meant to find God
Maybe I'm meant to be a teacher
Maybe I'm meant to be not
Where should I follow the stars?
Maybe to California
See I've got some people there
I'll write in the sand
I'll take in the sunny air
Perhaps I'll go to Canada
Disappear for a while
I'll bury my demons
I'll give life new reasons
Or maybe somewhere on the east coast
I'll walk across the rocky shores
Up the lighthouses by the sea
Onto the boats that moor
Maybe in my travels
I could find someone to make me soar
Someone to drop me to my knees
Someone to shake me to my core
Few things are for certain
As I finish up these lines
I still don't truly know
Which of these paths is mine
And when I hit the open road
What will become of me?
Will I be a warrior?
What sights will I see?
And can I make it on my own?
Will I meet other fighters?
Will I find the answers?
Or am I meant to be alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment