Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Beast

October 10, 2011


I'm not the purest soul
But I know I'm not the worst
With this mind of mine
Some might say that I am cursed
I've tried like hell to cast the devil out of sight
But with the night comes the yearning and fright
I need two arms to become my cage
I need someone just as lost and insane
I've begged the angels to surround me with light
But I end up dancing with the ghosts of my life
How dare you
With that sinister smile?
What's a boy to do when his mind has gone wild?
Oh the things I'd do and never think twice
I don't want a pound of flesh
Only a slice
I may be damned
I may be blessed
I may be far too gone
I may be temptations test
Lay down your shield
And I'll lay down my sword
Lay down your bones
I'll rattle them some more
I'm gonna let go
I'm gonna let it wash over me
I'm gonna be the beast I've tried so hard not to be
I won't hurt you
I'll just cut out your heart
Show it to you like it's my own art
Be the animal I know you can be
Release your demons and possess me
I'll invite them to make me their home
Then I know for sure
I'll never be alone
Tonight, when the beast starts to cry
If the blood must come
Please don't let me die

1 comment: