Thursday, December 8, 2011

Cemetery Dance

Written November 2011


I laid in the cemetery all night
I waited for you by candle light
But I never told you I was there
I'd hoped you would follow me anywhere

I hope you don't mind but I think I
Might stay here a little bit longer
The cold ground so warm and inviting
When I wake, maybe I'll be stronger

Take my body in your arms
It's yours tonight
So do no harm
I can't see who you are
But your eyes burn out the stars

Sit with us in our circle
Sit with us as we chant
We are forever silent
We are forever damned

I waited for you by a tombstone
I sought comfort from the pain
It was my favorite memorial
On it was carved our names

Hold me up into the night sky
Let me fall down like your rain
Let your body be my shelter
And the ground will be our cage

I am dancing with your skeletons
I am laughing with your devils
I am bleeding in this silence
I am dying in this game

Hot embers on the ground
Mourning whispers of the dead
Tonight I lay down for you darling
Tongiht I die in your bed

I laid in the gutter all night
Gasping air before I drowned
You were standing right above me
But you never looked down

No comments:

Post a Comment