Friday, December 9, 2011

Here


The cool wind is calling
The moon is high above the trees
Distant voices are laughing
Will you meet me at the end of the lane?
We'll lose ourselves in the woods
We'll dance around in the fields
Our throats will burn from the bottle
But there's nothing as warm as we feel
I held the flowers you picked for me
I twirled with them in my hair
We laughed as we fell to the ground
And held each other close
Without a sound
I wish this night to never end
When the sun rises again
It will be a memory for the years
I grabbed your hand
We raced up the hill
We looked down over the quiet town, still
We fell silent again, it was something you said
"How can we feel so alive in a city so dead?"
I leaned in and kissed your sweet lips
We held each other in the cold of the night
I drifted to sleep in your arms
Everything felt so right
I woke up to the sun shining bright
Alone in my bed, it was just as I feared
You were never here
Never here

No comments:

Post a Comment