Monday, March 26, 2012

My Window

I’ve let my window open
So you could crawl inside
But I’ve been waiting too long
I’m cold
And you know why
Too much I’ve tried to trust
Too little I have gained
If it’s not too much to ask
Could you please explain?
The smile that I have harbored
The “yes dears” and “you’re right”
Have derailed my own reflection
And pushed me from the light
It seems that The Quiet One
This role I’ve tried to play
Is something I won’t do
I can’t live my life that way
I’m stronger than you think
Much stronger than I’ve shown
You never even noticed
The seeds that have been sewn
But spring is finally here now
And growth is in full bloom
The flowers I am growing
Some thanks is owed to you
My window is still open
But no longer for you
The air still brings chills
But it’s something I’m used to



No comments:

Post a Comment