Saturday, May 5, 2012

My resign.

My apologies all ignored
Or at least not accepted in full
Prove to me that you matter
And you aren’t just a self-centered tool
Your world is spiraling down
But you won't let me near you to help
You, my dear aren’t the only one
Who is living the occasional Hell
I don’t take too kindly to lies
Or the empty promises and truths
I’ve asked you again and again
To show me what I mean to you
 If I could heal the scars, I would
Faster that you’d dare to believe
But when I feel us getting close
I feel you starting to leave
You say your life is a wreck
And you can’t handle me right now
Do you not think of how I’m affected?
How you keep knocking me to the ground?
Instead of accepting my help
You keep pushing me farther away
Is that all that I mean to you?
 Just some guy that wont go away?
I’d kiss every tear that falls
 But I’d have to get you to talk to me first
I’d hold you until morning calls
If you’d try to forget the worst
You know that I’m here for you always
You know that I have always been
But the effort on your part
Is quite minimal, though you haven’t seen
I guess I’m simply not the one
Though I’ve tried numerous times
I guess I should simply step back
I suppose this is my resign. 



No comments:

Post a Comment