Monday, January 16, 2012

My Revelry

Let me out
I can't breathe
Listen close
I won't speak any softer
What's in it for me?
This pursuit has me shaking down to the core

My revelry
To your retreat
Avoiding what's obvious
My ambivalence
Your persistence of physical happiness
My longing for peace
Your content with unstable qualities

What will it take to be free?
How would you respond if someone called you out on
Your selfishness?
Your narrow mindedness
I won't let it be me
Let it be someone that you truly adore

Let me ask one more time
How would you feel if left behind?
I'm on my way out
These walls are caving in

One plane trip or car ride and I start again

You cannot come along
You cannot assume that you are welcome
I'll do it on my own
Fear-ridden and determined
Full armor on

I won't deny that you've helped
You've made it so much easiser to turn my back
I might write you some day
I might come back to visit but don't hold your-
Just hold your breath and wait

How much louder
Do I have to scream?
Do I make you nervous?
Will I cause a scene?


No comments:

Post a Comment