Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mr. Curiosity

Hey there Mr. Curiosity
I heard you killed a cat
But the cat was me
I don't mean to get too close
I always try to be a friendly ghost
I couldn't help myself
You should have seen the way you looked
Those eyes and that smile
I tell you, you were something else
I thought I was fine, but I knew I fell
For months I've been on this road
Walking alone with no where to go
There were many passerby's
Filthy hitchhikers just looking for a ride
I didn't give many my time
But I thought I'd give it a try
Now under this cold night sky
I'm all twisted in knots and I think I know why
I promise to take things slow
But this guy's excited and trying not to show
You know how to make me smile
Truth is, I really dig your style
I wanna pull you near
I wanna kiss your lips
I wanna just be here
Forgive me for being so bold
But it's been some time
The night's long and cold
With the help of my beer
This poem isn't filtered and it's not too clear
But I wrote it all anyway
Big surprise, I have a lot to say
A lot for you to read
Mr. Curiosity

No comments:

Post a Comment